Friday, 1 September 2017

Zucchini and Cheese Bread

This is not bread 'bread'.  It is not one that is kneaded.  

It is more cake form but even then its not a cake, its a savoury loaf.
We have had it a few times, over the weekend and then twice in the evening, early on in the working week as a light snack in the evening.  It is perfect as a portable savoury snack too. 



 This Zucchini and Cheese Bread reminded me of Johanna's Australian Zucchini slice and Clotilde Dusoulier of Chocolate and Zucchini fame Cake Tomate, Pistache et Chorizo translated as Sun dried Tomato, Pistachio and Savoury Loaf .
I am sharing it with Recipe of the Week hosted by A Mummy Too. 

Zucchini and Cheese Bread
1 x 2lb Loaf
Ingredients
85g butter, melted and set aside
225g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
14 teaspoon paprika
110g cheddar cheese,grated
3 egg, beaten
55ml milk
200g zucchini, grated
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180oc.
Grease and line a 2lb loaf tine with greaseproof paper
Sift the flour, salt and paprika in a large bowl.
Stir int he grated cheese
Make a well in the centre, then add in the eggs, butter and milk.
Mix carefully to combine, then stir in the grated courgettes.
Spoon into the prepared tin.
Bake in preheated oven to 45 - 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool, before slicing.
Adapted from Leith's Vegetarian Bible by Polly Tyrer 

7 comments:

  1. SAvoury loaves are up there with savoury muffins in my books as a favourite food - this looks delicious and probably more my sort of thing than zucchini slice which is a bit too much egg for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. I think so too.

      I was hoping to make your Zucchini Slice again, but have not got round to it, but this loaf was extremely good too.

      Delete
  2. So tasty, looks like I need to buy some eggs again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this savoury loaf, it is perfect to use up the courgettes and we certainly have plenty of those at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You