Saturday, 3 June 2017

Chickpeas Three Ways

This inspiration for this recipe that I have dubbed as Chickpeas Three Ways comes from Kari who blogs Bite Sized Thoughts.  
I recently made her Sweet Potato Fudge and was delighted with it, so knew this would also hit the right spots in my belly.  

Its dainty presentation, something that my husband doesn't always appreciate.  He feels robbed, as if there i not enough on his plate.  He likes his plate piled high up, I like it neat. But there was no grumbling today, this plate of Chickpeas Three Ways is definitely a belly filler 
This made for a delicious light lunch, to sit outside in the garden and enjoy.  It would also be a fantastic starter to a posh meal.  Or treat it like a blini topped with the spiced chickpea ratatouille. And even though its quite fancy, its a very economical dish too.  Perhaps one to make for large crowds too.
I made chickpea pancakes from my recipe that you can find hereThe chickpea pancake recipe makes a lot, but it can be reheated in a microwave for 30 seconds to give it some warmth the following day, if you find yourself with some left over.The ratatouille from Curried Anglo Italian Ratatouille and traditional hummus which is beneath the chickpeas pancakes from here, but please do also check out the source of my inspiration Triple Chickpea Stack .

I am sharing m Chickpeas Three Ways for CookBlog Share; hosted by  Hijacked By Twins; , Easy Peasy Foodie and Recipes Made Easy. and MLLA My Legume Love Affair that was started by The Well Seasoned Cook and now run by Lisa's Kitchen.  hosted by myself this month. 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Shaheen, and I am so glad you liked this dish. Your pictures are beautiful - I will have to make it again and take inspiration from your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome and Thank you for inspiring me. My husband says that the first picture could be my blog header next year!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of chickpeas three ways.... although I tried to find your chickpea pancake recipe and the link seems to be missing! Are they gluten free? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Thanks for pointing out the missing link, i've updated it now. Yes - gluten free if you use gf baking powder.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of it too and I'm sure it was very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, really recommend this.

      Delete
  4. It looks so very pretty! I like the idea of making vegan blinis with the pancake batter too - chickpeas are my caviar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey. I love how you describe chickpeas as your caviar :D

      Delete
  5. Ooooh yummy! We all love chickpeas, they are such a versatile bean. Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kirsty, i think that is why I love eating it. So tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so beautiful and reminds me of a dish in ricki heller's cookbook that I was thinking of recently - but her chickpea pancakes are larger - I think I might need to try these little cute shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. Ive not seen Ricki's book here in the UK, I'd love to have a flick through it if i ever see it in a bookshop.

      Delete
  8. wow, what a great idea of chickpeas three ways. I would love to enjoy a plate of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have no doubt you would enjoy this as much as me. Hope you get to try this.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You