Friday, 25 August 2017

Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino with Green Beans

Fast Pasta dishes are my go to meals when I get home late from work; and these kind of meals are the ones that are often not photographed either due to poor lighting or hunger pangs more of a priority than blogging.  

Another thing to say about fast pasta kind of meals is that I don't often measure the ingredients and eyeball them, so it never tastes the same the next time round,  but always hits the hungry spot. 
A few days ago, I made this Spaghetti Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino with Green Beans from the garden plot.  Well they were actually purple beans until they hit the water and turned a dull green. 


This Spaghetti Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino also made a change from the courgettes.
Whats you go to fast pasta meal in the week? 

10 comments:

  1. Aglio, olio e peperoncino is a classic that we loooooove! So simple, so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tomato sauce made with a tin of tomatoes, three fresh tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, chilli flakes, garlic, all cooked down. Or a vegan marg with salt and pepper and marmite, a little bit of water. Tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, sounds a bit like Arrabiata which I love and also make.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about fast meals that don't get photographed. Well done on snapping this one - it looks very pretty. Speedy preparation time is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. This week we have tucked into many fast meals as I have started a new role in the office I work and will share some others in the next few days.

      Delete
  4. I'm really enjoying the last of the green beans around these parts - they never last long enough. It's good to see them being the star of the show with this pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, we still have loads to harvest, but the runner beans have sadly gone to over and are fibrous and not good to eat, but we still have plenty of green aka purple beans :)

      Delete
  5. That does look quick and tasty. Such a shame that the purple disappears from the beans even with steaming, still taste good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda. Yes I agree it is a shame the colour fades, but I have joy in growing them

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You