Friday, 28 July 2017

Zucchini, Apricot and Pistachio Bread

D moved my bread  loaf tins somewhere and could not remember where he moved them.  I have looked in all the obvious places. I told him many times, if he is unsure where to put kitchenalia to let me know and I will put them away.  He has done this to me a few times and it makes me frown when I go to look for whatever it is, even some of the ingredients for shopping are put away in wrong places. Grrr
He looked everywhere he would put them and he could not find them either. so over the weekend, we went shopping in Cardiff and I picked up a decent loaf tin as I wanted to make Zucchini Bread.  

Ah if this is all the grief he gives me, then I am in a happy relationship.  I know I am blessed and very very lucky.
The Zucchini Bread was very nice by the way.  D of course had his with a bit of butter, I don't think it needs it, but it definitely does need a cuppa of some sort with it to wash it down. Apricots are optional, but they are in season and I had some in a bowl that were not very juicy, so i used them in the loaf, but dried apricots will do just nicely too. 



I am sharing this with Bake of the Week hosted by Mummy Mishaps. and Casa Costello.
Other Zucchini - Courgette Cake Recipes
Kahlua Chocolate Courgette Bars
Moist Courgette Chocolate Cake
Savoury Courgette Potato Cakes
Savoury Sweetcorn, Red Pepper and  Courgette Chickpea Cake
Barley, Courgette and Apricot Muffins
Courgette, Apricot and Apple Cake
Vegan Courgette Chocolate Cakes
Chocolate Courgette Brownies

Courgette Zucchini, Apricot and Pistachio Bread 
Makes 2l b loafs 
Serves 10
180g golden caster sugar
185ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
250 plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
11/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
l/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon2 medium courgettes about 260g, washed and grated
80g dried apricots, chopped
60g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped - keep some back for topping
Method
Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil, then the vanilla. 
Then beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
Sieve the dry ingredients: plain flour, baking powder, soda and spices, then stir well to incorporate, then finally stir in the grated courgettes, apricots and half of the pistachio nuts.
Pour evenly into baking tin.
Scatter over the remaining pistachio nuts 
Bake at gas mark 4/180oC for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
Cool before turning out.  

8 comments:

  1. This bread looks so nice, and I can totally relate to the thing men putting kitchen stuff or groceries to wrong places! But it's kind of cute isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its all finished now so time to make another courgette cake.

      :) Yeah a little cute too

      Delete
  2. But where have all the old loaf tins gone?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny Belinda,
      Yes, where are they gone - I am still looking for them!

      Delete
  3. I can relate to this - I am always loosing things in my kitchen . thought I had put them away somewhere but when I go to look for them , they are not there!
    Your loaf looks so good and the flavours sound delicious too. thank you for linking to #Bakeoftheweek x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this sounds really lovely and a great twist on traditional courgette / zucchini breads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. I am hoping to do some more cake baking with the courgettes.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You