Monday, 5 June 2017

Seasonal Strawberries and Wild Strawberries

I promised some of you if you came back for Harvest Monday that I would hope to show you a bit more colour than just shades of greens.

So here is is, some red red roses. 
The first strawberries and wild strawberries from the garden plot.
But we also still have a lot of green...strawberries 
Tomatoes growing in the greenhouse
We may actually get some apples from the apple tree - that is if we don't get a gust of wind
Some more colour, this time a shade of purple  from these leggy chive blossoms
And finally, some more Oriental salad greens.  I apologise that they are a little wilted as the picture was taken a few hours after I had harvested them, but once washed and spun in the salad spinner they were vibrant and were lovely for lunch.
I am sharing this blog post with  Harvest Monday which is hosted by Dave over Our Happy Acres.  

16 comments:

  1. Lovely crops! Just the thing to keep you gardening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gz.
      So pleased that i have progressed this year.

      Delete
  2. Those reds and greens are lovely! Our strawberry season is past here, but tomatoes are coming on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave .
      Oh good, our tomatoes are still very small.

      Delete
  3. You're getting strawberries and we just finished here. The chives look great. May have to plant some ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must do some chives, the bees love them,

      Delete
  4. It is difficult to get something other than green veggies in the spring. Radishes add color to my spring harvests and I found some red turnips that are bright and shiny. But I don't even have any green tomatoes yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true :)
      I have to sow some radishes , i keep forgetting. Red turnips ay, do show us

      Delete
  5. Wild strawberries - lovely! Saw a stall selling wild asparagus recently, looked interesting but a little pricey. Still loving the ordinary kind 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think i've seen wild asparagus. I'd try it out of curiosity.
      Yes we also enjoy seasonal asparagus while its still around

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. I must take some photos of my seasonal produce. My spinach is particularly spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Do show us your spinach!

      Delete
  7. Your roses and strawberries are lovely, and the first tomatoes setting is always wonderful. We've been eating lots of Asian greens as well, they grow amazingly fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phuong. Yes, so true that the Asian greens grow quick and so well.

      Delete
  8. I am delighted by your strawberries (and thanks for your kind comment to suggest you would share them if I was in the vicinity!) and it looks like you have lots of produce about to come into yield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. Not many strawberries yet but they are coming, but loads and loads of wild strawberries. Really mean it x

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You