Sunday, 18 June 2017

Ruby Tandoh's Black Treacle Brownies

Even though I have my own tasty moreish chocolate Brownie recipe, I do like to experiment with other flavours, including fruit and vegetables, as well as try other peoples recipes in my home. 
This Black Treacle Chocolate Brownie comes courtesy of Ruby Tandoh from her new cookbook Flavour.  



It was after having made her Banana Thyme Cake with Lemon Glaze that I decided to give her Cocoa Brownies a go.  My interest was  peaked further when I saw the addition of Black Treacle and also the fact that I have a jar of Black Treacle to crack open.  Black Treacle is a dark syrup, some of you may also know it as Blackstrap Molasses.
This is unmistakeably a Black Treacle brownie, the pronounced but pleasant burnt caramel flavour  is there. Good with cream or ice-cream.   You can find Ruby Tandoh's recipe for Black Treacle Cocoa Brownies here on her website and also here on The Guardian Food and Drink section of the website. If you do decide to make this, just keep an eye on it when baking in the oven, as oven temperatures do vary and a little bit over and its no longer a squidgy brownie! 

8 comments:

  1. black treacle in brownies seems like a great idea - I had hoped they were vegan as I have decided I need more vegan brownies in my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I am sorry, maybe you will be the one to veganise them :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! Best to you and D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think brownie experimentation is a good area to experiment, and one can never try too many brownie recipes really. This one sounds good, and as treacle is high in iron, you could almost claim them to be a health treat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari, and the brownie experiments will continue : )

      Delete
  4. Yum..... They sound dark and rich! Does the treacle make them extra dense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark and rich indeed, yes a little more dense.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You