Monday, 29 May 2017

Lorraine Pascale's Raw Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream

I am slowly going through some of my bookmarked recipes and starting to tick them off.

Today, I share with you this Raw Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream.  This Raw Vegan Carrot Cake comes from Lorraine Pascale.
I have to be honest, I don't really do celebrity chefs, so when I first saw Lorraine Pascale on British TV.  the first thought that came to me was, here we go again another model turned celebrity chef, but her approach was really different from all those domestic goddess wannabees. Lorraine Pascale gained popularity without the gimmicks.  She really did win me over on her first cookery show and her down to earth honest approach, I have also come to have a much deeper respect for her as a person too.  
Anyway, this Raw Vegan Carrot Cake was the first that I had bookmarked from her Eating Well Made Easy from Lorraine Pascale.  The only change I have made to the recipe was the use of hazelnut, the original recipe uses walnuts and I did not have to pop this in the freezer, my fridge was plenty chilled.

The recipe makes a generous cake, I took a lot of this Vegan Carrot Cake into work and gave around tasters.  Everyone who had a piece was stunned first at the fact that it was completely raw, secondly that it was very much like baked carrot cake and lastly how Delicious it was, some even wanting a second piece.  The only person who was not that crazy about it was my husband.   He said.  I will eat this, but raw cakes just don't excite me.  Oh well, you cannot win everyone over. 
For the recipe for Raw Vegan Gluten Free Carrot Cake with Cashew Cram see here
Keep refrigerated.
Eat within the week.

14 comments:

  1. I think I just found my next birthday cake...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious (I'm not excited by raw cakes either) and not too difficult either. I love that the recipe says it takes 33 minutes to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't look at how long the recipe takes to make - so it made me chuckle, but you will need a high speed processor for this.

      Delete
  3. I think it sounds very exciting! It's on my list now as well.... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, the original recipe is made with GF oats, mine were not as you may have guessed. Hope you enjoy

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about Lorraine Pascale, she just has a lovely warm personality. My youngest is a big fan and has a couple of her books that she often cooks from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased to learn that you agree. I have three of her cookbooks on my shelf, I don't really do celebrity chefs but she gets my vote

      Delete
  5. This cake looks lovely, I'll need to try something like this. I also like Lorraine Pascale, she seems quite down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you do, it makes a lot.

      Delete
  6. Your husband sounds like mine :-)

    I am certainly excited by this - I have made raw carrot cake before and loved it but this version looks particularly impressive in terms of being like 'real' cake. Hazelnuts instead of walnuts sound lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our husbands should meet :D

      I really did enjoy this, I am glad I got to share it with some work colleagues as I wasn't getting much help on the home front, or when I did - a little snug of the nose.

      Delete
  7. I've not been a devoted raw cake fan in the past but I'm finding more and more that I enjoy them. I had a quick check of the ingredients, and I have a load of them on hand, so I'll be giving this a try. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do think they take getting used too. Just note, this makes a massive cake. You could probably freeze it, but its best eaten within the week.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You