Sunday, 23 April 2017

Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa

My first ever experience of a fruit in a salsa was at a deli, the name of the place escapes me - it may not even be there anymore as this was 10 years ago.  

Anyway, it was a salsa made with mangoes.  I have bee n making fruit salsas on and off since.  Last year it was Strawberry Salsa and a few year before that it was Papaya Salsa and way before that Kiwi Salsa.    Today on this bright sunny day, I share you with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa.  
Handsome Whippet and Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
Most salsas are made with fresh tomatoes, but this Pineapple Jalapeno one is not but enhanced further with red onions and my absolute favourite herb, fresh coriander.  This salsa was really lovely and complimented the Green Chile, but of course you can dip your tortilla chips in this chunky refreshing salsa. 
On another note, a little while back a fellow blogger asked me about the images in the background of some of my food photographs.  I have been doing this for as long as  I have been blogging.  It was a suggestion introduced to me by my husband as we do not have the luxury of a dedicated space with good (natural) lighting; and also a lack of crockery that comes with food styling for food bloggers, so playing around with images from various sources has been most welcome.  Although not an original ideas, it was nice to see that in doing it on my blog that I had inspired other fellow bloggers in doing this too.
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa 
Ingredients
Makes enough for six servings
Half fresh pineapple, peeled and diced as small as you can
60g fresh coriander, minced
1 small red onion, peeled and minced
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon jalapenos from a jar, minced including 2 - 4 tablespoons of its liquid (or use 1/2 lemon or lime juice)
Pinch of salt
Method
In a wide bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Good for a few days if kept refrigerated.

12 comments:

  1. I've managed to make a few fruit salsas and they always make me think of sunny days! They're one of the few savoury things where I really enjoy a bit of fruit in. Love the whippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to sunny days, though I must confess I am an autumnal person.

      Delete
  2. I made a peach and pineapple salsa soon after I started blogging and served it with quesadillas which worked well. I love your photo with the whippet - the dog and salsa look perfect together and could hang on a gallery wall. I always find it fascinating looking at the backgrounds in your photos - I quite like a newspaper in a background if I can get it right but often I am rushing too much to even bother about backgrounds (and regret that later)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johanna I am not surprised that it is one of the first recipes you made when you started blogging, Australia is progressive in that sense and of course its warmer climes. I like newspapers too and have used them in the past, but with these days much of what we read is sadly on line, though we do subscribe to some magazines - but you can imagine the issue of copyright around them,

      Delete
  3. I love fruit salsas...sweet and spicy...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I've also been planning a pineapple salsa for a while, and you have given a great inspiration. I also love your background photos in the food photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much VegHog. Look forward to seeing your salsa :)

      Delete
  5. I like fruit in most savoury things and think this sounds delicious - and a great accompaniment to all sorts of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. This was really good. I will def. make again - good to know you like fruit in savoury things, I remember your comment on my MeatFree Fruit Curry posts

      Delete
  6. I think this salsa recipe was made for my husband. He would LOVE it. I will definitely have to make it for him =)
    Love the whippet in the top picture - what a gorgeous dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kimmy. It was really good. Still have the other half of the pineapple to use up though :)

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You