Monday, 27 March 2017

Banana and Coconut Bread (vegan)

I have so many bookmarked banana recipes, but when it comes to finding them - Can I find them, of course not, then I find myself making another Banana Bread.
This time with the addition of dessicated Coconut and Coconut Sugar and guess what it happens to be vegan too.  D thought the bread looked dry and suggested that he may want put some jam or sunflower spread on it,  but I had to disagree with him. I thought it was plenty moist and to prove my point even further, I took some into work for some colleagues to try and they sided with me, but he wasn't haven't any of it - we agreed to differ. 

I think the coconut sugar gave the banana bread a caramel colouring as it looks like it is made with wholemeal flour.  I assure you it is not, the coconut sugar also imparted a little caramel flavour, or maybe I was just imagining that. 
This Banana and Coconut Bread is adapted from a recipe by Jack Monroe's A Girl Called Jack.  You can find the original recipe here.   I made some little tweaks, but nothing that is going to  make me claim this recipe as mine as it is not, it has been adapted albeit a little.  I had two ripe bananas, I used coconut sugar and I stirred in some dessicated coconut, and omitted the cinnamon from the original recipe, that is it.
I am sharing a generous slice of this Banana and Coconut Bread with Healthy Vegan Fridays by Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition; and also sharing this with #CookBlogShare hosted by Hijacked by Twins. 

Other Vegan Banana recipes you will find on my blog
Tiger (Marble) Cakes

Blueberry Banana Muffins
Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake
Darjeeling Tea Pecan Banana Loaf

Green Valley Elvis Smoothie
Raw Raspberry Ice-cream or Raspberry Mousse
The Best Elvis Presley Bagel

22 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me - I made some banana and coconut muffins and can't remember where I got the recipe - v frustrating. I saw a japanese curry sauce with banana yesterday which seemed a novel idea for bananas - there are so many banana recipes but banana bread always pleases me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also made some banana muffins that D described as scruffins as they were quite scrawny, but they were good for a change from flapjacks. I am with you Banana Bread also always pleases me too, perhaps that is why is features in my home a lot.

      Delete
  2. I think the coconut sugar is perfect for banana bread. I love coconut sugar and I love banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gillian. I have a bag full of coconut sugar to use and coconut flour!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how very funny to see this seconds after posting a banana coconut bread recipe myself!! Mine also features chia seeds and is more of a bread than a cake (minimal sugar) - I think I'd love yours for variation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you know what they say...great minds and all that :) I will come on over in a little while, been a busy week and catch up with blog reads.

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely, I'm sure it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this looks so good! I think I would have to agree with you - it doesn't look dry at all. It looks perfect. I love how the coconut sugar lent the golden colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimmy. I am so glad you agree, my husband just likes spreading stuff on things with the word 'bread' in it, even if not required.

      Delete
  6. This looks absolutely delicious Shaheen! I love banana bread so I'm going to make this really soon. I even have coconut sugar all ready for it. :) I agree that it does not look dry but I'll probably put some peanut butter on it anyway because pb and banana bread is on of my favorite treats.
    Thanks for sharing this with Healthy Vegan Fridays! We'll be featuring it this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ellen. I was wondering it it would also work with coconut flour instead of plain, so will give that a go next time i have ripe bananas. I hope you enjoy.

      Delete
  7. hmmm often make banana loaf but never thought to add coconut, will need to give this a try. Love coconut sugar, great flavour, and it is great to dip a wet finger into and lick it.
    over from #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine. the coconut surely made it more interesting, and more cake!

      Delete
  8. I love that cookbook. If you like it, there is nothing wrong with banana bread. I hope you and D are enjoying Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good cookbook and one I'd recommend to new cooks and budget cooks. Its been raining here a lot, so not much time in the garden, plus work has been busy :( need a proper break really

      Delete
  9. Oooh yum! I love banana bread and find that experimenting with additional ingredients is all part of the fun! Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Matron. Do hope your well and your garden thriving, i will come on over.

      Delete
  11. I love banana bread - it's one of those bakes that always turns out well and it's reliably tasty! I've never met a vegan banana bread I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey. Me too, never met a vegan (or vegetarian) banana bread that I did not like :)

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You