Friday, 24 February 2017

Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Blue Cheese Dill Lasagne

A generous portion of Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Blue Cheese Lasagne.

Lasagne is not the easiest to photograph, its a flat dish for a start.
So the best way to sell it to you is with its flavours, but that is a little hard when one of the main ingredients is mushrooms and I am not big on mushrooms, but here goes.... This Creamy Chestnut Mushroom is smothered in Blue Cheese and fresh dill herb.  
I actually made this Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Blue Cheese Lasagne early on in the year, when we had load of cheese left over from the Christmas and New Year - this Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Lasagne was made around the same time as the vegan Pickled Mushroom Strogonoff with Watercress.  Though it can be, this lasagne is not vegan, its made with blue cheese, milk and butter and a garnishing of fresh dill.
I have to confess I don't often make Lasagnes at home that often.  It its one of those dinners that is Ds makes, like weekend breakfast or brunch and coffee made in the cafetiere.    But I did this time as it was my decision to pick up the chestnut mushrooms in a bid to use up the excess cheese. I am sharing this recipe with Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary for No Waste Food Challenge.  



The recipe for this Creamy Chestnut Mushroom Blue Cheese Lasagne is adapted from my Portobello Mushroom and Vegetarian Welsh Haggis Lasagne and
from Carolyn Hart  Mushroom Spinach Cheese Lasagne in The Telegraph 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely combination of flavours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gz. The weather in Scotland is terible at the moment, its one thing i don't miss - but as you know we still get our fair share of wild winds . Hope your well.

      Delete
  2. I think you caught it great with photos. You had me with the title, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra and so pleased you like the sound of this lasagne

      Delete
  3. Dill is quite an unusual ingredient to use in lasagne but I can see that it would go with this combination - sounds really delicious - I just love lasagne but don't make it that often as it is quite a production to make it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, its not one i use that often in my home. Must confess I picked some up yesterday so I can make Carrot Lox. Like you I don't make lasagne much, i find it a production as well, but my husband likes making it and often packs it with loads of veg, one day I will share his version and it often has height unlike this one.

      Delete
  4. I think your photos are great, but sympathise with dishes that don't photograph well (and, often, lighting that is not ideal - although that is easier as the days get longer). I rarely make lasagna either but like the idea of using mushrooms next time I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. The only days we get to take decent pictures are over the w/e and then there is only so much I can cook. With working all week, by the time we get home its gotten dark. My husband enjoyed this dish a lot, not surprised though - most of the ingredients in this he likes.

      Delete
  5. I tend to make lasagne too when I have cheese to use up. In fact, I've meal planned to make one with cheddar this week! Thank you for sharing your lovely looking recipe with the No Waste Food Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You