Sunday, 1 June 2014

Introducing Eat Your Greens - New Vegetarian Food Blogging Challenge

Welcome to 'Eat Your Greens' challenge.  This is a new monthly vegetarian cooking challenge for food bloggers.  

The idea behind 'Eat Your Greens' is really simple, to make something with a green vegetable each month.  You can use any kind of green vegetable that you like and make anything that you wish from a soup, salad dish, a smoothie, a stew, a curry, a pasta dish, cookies or even a cake  - absolutely anything, so long as the recipe is vegetarian.
  
In the future, I may have a theme for you - but right now - I just want to get stuck in, so any green vegetable will do. I do hope some of you will join in.  Thanking you all in advance. 

How to participate:

1. The submitted recipe has to be 100% vegetarian.   Vegan entries will also be accepted.
2. Post your recipe on your blog.  Please make sure that you have permission to use any photographs that are not your own.
3. Old entries are accepted, so long as they are re-posted.
4.  Mention 'Eat Your Greens'  in your post and link back to A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table.  
5.  As this is a new vegetarian  food blog challenge, your support in helping me to promote it would be most appreciated.  Therefore, I would ask that you use the logo designed for 'Eat Your Greens' challenge.
6. Email the link to your submission (only one per month please) and include: your name, the name of your blog, your recipe title (and a photograph no bigger than 640 x 480 pixels ) to allotment2kitchen@hotmail.co.uk 
7.  Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of the month.
8.  The round up of the entries will be posted on or before the last day of the month.
9.  The new challenge will be hosted on the 1st of the month.
10. If you tweet, please use #eatyourgreens and include @SeasonalShaheen and I will do my utmost to retweet all that I see.


10 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this, hope I can participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Shaheen! Looking forward to participating in this challenge!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily. I hope you do, will be lovely.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shaheen, lovely idea. I will post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how pleased i am to hear from you Ray. Super.
      Welcome back to blog land!

      Delete
  4. Very nice idea Shaheen!!! I just opened my food blog so I might not be able to participate this month, but I'll do next for sure :)!
    Ema
    www.ontheflavorroad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to look forward to your entry next month maybe Emanuela - there will be a bit of a change next month, not just about greens! Lovely making your acquaintance though and I will sure pop over and pay your blog a visit soon.

      Delete
  5. A fantastic new challenge - thanks for letting me enter at the very last minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Elizabeth, and you are so welcome.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen