Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Vegan Coffee Chocolate Cake

Oh my goodness, the weather has suddenly changed.  Yes of course it is still raining, but there is ice in the air too.  I can soon see my scarves, gloves and fashionable cosy hats coming out of the closet.  To invoke a bit of sunshine into my working day tomorrow on the menu I will have a Caribbean Stew, but back to this rather nippy evening that has got me wanting a mug of hot chocolate.

I finished work at the cafe a little early today as it was very quiet, so thought I would of course take the opportunity to blog a little whilst I have the mental energy.  I also have lots of recipes to share, beginning with this one that is quite popular with my vegan and non vegan customers at the cafeteria - vegan Coffee Cocoa Cake. 

There are many days when I have some fair trade coffee left over at the cafe.  I don't like to waste, especially if the cafetiere is more than half full, so I will now and again I will make Coffee Granita or these individual vegan Coffee Cocoa Cakes with its many variations.
This particular one is topped with fresh apricot slices, bursting against the darkness of the cocoa like golden sunshine.
I have also made it topped with pineapple pieces, slices of banana with dark chocolate chips and even rhubarb which D was not so keen on, though the vibrant pink looked pretty petals, but faded a day later.  Surprisingly it is a very light and moist cake. I will post the recipe in the next few days. Right now I think I may just go and have a long bath.

Vegan Coffee Chocolate Cake
Makes 8 - 10
Best eaten within a couple of days.

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see you come up for air now and again. My favorite chocolate topping is pear and candied ginger. No ice in the air here but, fall is definitely in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very tasty and I like the sound of the coffee granita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you've had a good bath, can't wait for that recipe to arrive. This weather is just too cold for September, I'm on my second hot water bottle tonight! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds great! Do we get the recipe? Seems like you're relaxing into the cafe too : ) Good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd side with D on the matter of rhubarb and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh I look forward to that - they look delicious. We have lots of strawberries at the moment - they might work well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your veg cafe! I am so excited for you!!! Wish I was in Wales so I could stop in for a gorgeous meal! :-) Hopefully I will be able to someday!
    These coffee cakes are beautiful... So pretty with the artistic apricots on top!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog - it always makes my day to hear from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lately I am super crazy about coffee which made go from normal one to decaff. Wonder if that would work, or is it simply "for adults" only? :) Im sure my daughter wouldn't mind picking out those apricots. Those Little Cakes looks amazing, perfect snack for Little Housewife like myself.
    Im glad to see you baking :)
    Sending Best Wishes
    Little Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so delicious. Recipe?
    And happy birthday to your father, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopsie, forgot to post recipe. Thanks for pointing it out, I've made a few more variations so I will get a chance to post the recipe in the next couple of weeks.

      Delete
    2. Ahhhhhhh!

      I shall wait for it then. Could you let me know when it is up Shaheen. Will try this one for Graham first. His birthday is coming up.

      Delete
    3. I promise to later this week, for now though so you don't have to wait just in case i am delayed posting it - I shall e mail it to you right away.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen