Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Banana Toffee Curd Cream Cake

Wow, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to sit down and blog anymore.  I am missing not only blogging about what I have made in the kitchen, I am also really missing reading fellow bloggers blogs and what you have all been up too.  When I get a whole day to myself, I intend to just sit in front of the computer and catch up - promise. 

Anyway, this evening I have managed to get away from the cafe a couple of hours earlier.  So after, a little catch up on housework, I have sat down to share a recipe I made last week for the cafe.  Its a rather decadent Banana Toffee Curd Cream Cake.  
This Banana Toffee Curd Cream Cake has appeared on my blog in a previous guise.  Its actually a simple Banana cake recipe that I make.  Instead here, I have split the batter between two 8 inch round baking pans; and then slathered it generously with home-made Banana Curd, as well as some freshly whipped double cream.  

I've had a couple of people approach me and ask if I would make them a whole cake to take home.  Now that is approval. 
I am sharing this crowd pleaser with Karen at Lavender and Lovage and Kate of What Kate Baked for their Tea Time Treats. The theme for this month is Summer Fairs and Fetes; Cake Stall Cakes and Bakes - now that's a mouthful! 

17 comments:

  1. love bananas & this cake looks so yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great cake - hope at least you are enjoying being so busy with something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm! Funny aside - I came back to this post and kept reading "banana turd" heeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really tasty! I'm not surprised people wanted to buy full cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this looks dangerous! Nice to see you have squeezed us in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks fantastic, right now I'm hard-pressed to think of a better cake. Congratulations on the cafe by the way. Looked at the menu and your offering looks great. Shame we don't get the chance to get out of London much..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea of splitting the batter between two 8 inch round baking pans; and then slathered it generously with home-made Banana Curd, as well as some freshly whipped double cream is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks very beautiful but sadly at first glance every time I spotted it in my rss feeds (so three of four times) I had to look again as it looks like banana turd cake ;) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'd ask for a version of this to take home too, if it was placed in front of me. What a lovely creation! I hope things are going well - being busy sounds promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks gorgeous - it's definitely my kind of cake! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Shaheen, I know exactly what you mean. I haven't blogged for so long about baking, but what is worse is not being able to visit my favourite blogs and leaving comments as I used to do.

    I love love love bananas and it's been a while since I made anything with bananas in it. I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Shaheen .....It seems success takes some getting use to.Glad to hear that you are hard at work and obviously heading down the right path.I am sure that you will do well since you are constantly striving to improve I believe THAT to be the secret to continued success. Keep us posted when you have time. You might find shorter post with one picture might be attainable.;>)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shaheen,

    First of all a very big thank you for the delicious lunch we had at Hunky Dorys this week. The North African Cous Cous was simply fab with fantastic spicing and flavour and the salads that Wobbly Mouse and I had with it were so, so good-I particularly liked the potato with fenugreek and the amazingly colourful and tasty beetroot pasta with balsamic-heavenly lunch indeed and we left well satisfied!

    And now your cake-well that is just up my street flavour wise!! Next time I come, can I have one of these please too to take home!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I THOUGHT I had not seen you much lately....I do pop over now and then when I have time to see you, but lately I have been snowed under! Now this entry into Tea Time Treats is a WINNER and I bet this would sell out in a FLASH! I LOVE this idea and no wonder you have been asked to make it again! Thanks so much, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I'm dropping by via Tea Time Treats, this looks delicious. Banana, toffee and cream cheese sounds just like my type of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! That's gorgeous - I wish I lived closer to you so I could have some!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen